Sunset Special for Our Launch on Command Boaters
UPDATE: FRIDAY & SATURDAY AUGUST 12 & 13
To Our LOC Boaters,
We were fortunate to have a very warm, very calm weekend last weekend that enabled many of you to enjoy some late-evening boating. This weekend’s forecast isn’t quite as kind.
Friday has expected evening temps in the upper 60’s, but calm seas. If you are launching on Friday, PLEASE notify our staff if you intend to stay out and need to be hauled out after 8 pm. We will keep staff on site to haul you out. If there are no boaters indicating that they are “SUNSETTERS”, then LOC will fully close at 8pm Friday.
Saturday’s forecast is occasional showers throughout the day and temps in the low 70’s, through the evening. The Sunset Special is canceled for Saturday August 13.
Staff scheduling will not allow another opportunity for this season, but we will make similar extended hours at about the same time of the year next season.
Thank you to all who have participated!
SUNSET SPECIAL, TWO AUGUST WEEKENDS!
Pier 33 Launch on Command Boaters … This is Just For You!
Last summer, a Launch on Command boater came to us with a good suggestion … a special evening with extended hours so LOC boaters can see a beautiful Lake Michigan sunset on the water … and still make it back in time to be hauled-out. We got weathered-out that weekend, so we’re starting earlier and planning for two weekends … back-to-back … to find that perfect evening or two to enjoy a ride and a sunset on Lake Michigan.
Let’s give it a try!
FRIDAY and SATURDAY; AUGUST 5 and 6, AUGUST 12 and 13
LOC Hours will be extended on these four evenings until 10 PM!
This will be an extension from our regular 8pm closing time to 10pm, weather permitting. Here’s how it will work:
- LAUNCHES MAY BE SCHEDULED ANY TIME UP UNTIL 8 PM ON THOSE DATES. SCHEDULE YOUR LAUNCH VIA SPEEDYDOCK AS USUAL AND ADVISE OUR DESK ATTENDANT THAT YOU ARE A “SUNSETTER” WHEN YOU CHECK IN.
- THE FUEL DOCK WILL CLOSE AT 8 PM.
- THE SERVICE OFFICE WILL CLOSE AT 8 PM.
- SUNSET IS ABOUT 9 PM ON THOSE EVENINGS, WITH ENOUGH TWILIGHT TO ALLOW YOU TO COMFORTABLY GET BACK TO THE DOCK FOR HAUL-OUT.
- OUR LAUNCH ON COMMAND CREW WILL REMAIN READY TO HAUL OUT LOC BOATS UNTIL 10 PM, OR EARLIER IF ALL “SUNSETTERS” HAVE RETURNED.
- ANY BOATS RETURNING AFTER 10 PM WILL BE HAULED OUT THE NEXT MORNING, PER ORDINARY PROCEDURE.
In the event of wet, threatening or rough weather, we will issue an advisement via text that regular closing time will be observed.