Pier 33 has been selected to host an upcoming event featuring four days of marine technician training workshops.
The 2018 National Marine Service Expo will be held at Pier 33 January 23 thru 26.
Presented by the Marine Career Training Institute of North America (formerly AMTECH), this event will be held outside of its traditional Florida location for the first time. This four day event will include seven courses taught by MCTINA instructors, including individual courses covering these topics:
- OUTBOARD FOUR-STROKE SYSTEMS
- OUTBOARD TWO-STROKE SYSTEMS
- ADVANCED INBOARD EFI
- MARINE MPI STERNDRIVE AND INBOARD SYSTEMS
- INSTALLATION & SERVICE OF BRAVO & ALPHA DRIVES
- MARINE CATALYST SYSTEMS
- CAN BUS SYSTEMS
For complete course descriptions, fees and registration information, download the event brochure (PDF)
WORKSHOPS ARE TUESDAY THRU FRIDAY – JANUARY 23 THRU 26
ATTEND ONE, TWO, THREE OR ALL FOUR DAYS – CHOOSE YOUR DATES & COURSES
Pier 33’s facility is an ideal location for technicians throughout the Great Lakes region and beyond. Local overnight lodging is reasonably priced and St. Joseph is within as easy drive of the region’s best boating areas. These marine technician training workshops are a valuable opportunity for technicians to obtain updates, hands-on field training and information on the rapidly advancing technology in the boating world. NMSE will have use of Pier 33’s service shop, meeting areas and showroom to stage these technical training workshops.
Seven great reasons to attend:
- AFFORDABLE: Each workshop is $300 or less, with multiple technicians from the same shop receiving incremental discounts. Travel from a nearby area– no air fare required! Reasonably-priced overnight lodging available locally—or make it a day trip!
- KNOWLEDGE BASE: Seven core workshops to choose from, designed to go beyond the manufacturer/product specific concepts and focusing on the best principles of troubleshooting and repair in each category. This is a great supplement for shops who attend brand-specific training and a not-to-be-missed opportunity for shops that do not have access to brand-specific training.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Our Great Lakes area boaters deserve the best boating experiences we can all provide. Enhance your shop’s success rate and customer satisfaction by improving technician skills during our “off” season. Happy boaters, who remain in the sport, are good for all of us throughout the region.
- FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE: Attend one day, two days, three days or all four days.
- NETWORKING: Meet with other technicians from throughout the region and share trouble-shooting and efficiency tips. Swap knowledge and experience—and everyone learns!
- NEARBY: The National Marine Service Expo will be held in the Great Lakes Region for the very first time. Support the 2018 event to enable future, similar opportunities! If you are receiving this note, you are within an easy day’s drive.
- COMPLIMENTARY LUNCHEON: Served each day for attendees. Yes, there is a free lunch!
Marine technicians from any region and any marine business are invited to attend. Pier 33 is providing the facilities to host the event at no charge to MCTINA. MCTINA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit educational association.